Sunday, July 17, 2016

Bombshell Miniatures: Babes III Kickstarter in September!

Patrick Keith is a super talented sculptor with a knack for turning out awesome female sculpts who I've worked with in the past when I was a concept artist for Privateer Press. Patrick has a really amazing ability  to take my drawings and kick it up a notch. He runs his own company now called Bombshell Miniatures and he's done several successful Kickstarters. He just announced his latest, Babes III which will launch in September and features models sculpted from designs by yours truly.

Magic User
Dwarf Ranger
Assassin
I make my living in mobile gaming nowadays, and in 2015 I started a series of warm-up drawings centered on women in a fantasy setting. More and more it was dawning on me as I looked at other game art just how poorly women were depicted as compared to men. I wanted to create designs of ladies that dressed practically and had agency. Originally, I intended to only do the original classes from the Dungeons & Dragons basic set. But then I expanded into AD&D. And then into modern D&D. And then into male versions of each class. And then into illustrations. Over the course of a year and a half, these sketches have kinda spiraled out of control.

Barbarian
Giant Spider Ambush!
Owlbear Owlssault!
My own hope for these scribbles (of which number about 80 drawings) is to group them together into a book. I'm re-formating the art into a sort of campaign/story/artbook that I'd love to get up on Kickstarter later this year. So keep an eye out for that!

The Sundered Kingdom


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment