Sunday, March 4, 2018

Looking Ahead

So I've hit a point where I'm super close to finishing up my Heresy Era Imperial Fists and now I'm trying to nail down my next big project. Or projects. Because I can't just stay focused on one thing apparently. Ugh.

Stalker 7 miniatures by Lead Adventure
While I've been deciding what to start next, I've continued hacking away at my lead pile - literally this time as I finished these old sculpts of some Pockeylips Survivors. I have no idea what I'll use them for, but they are ready to raid the Radzone and fight off mutants, cannibals or talking apes of all sorts now. As I was painting these cats, my gaze fell upon an unopened box of these fellows:

"Avast, ya weak-kneed land walker! Blood and Plundaaaaar aaaaar ours! Yaar!"
When they came out, I really dug the whole aesthetic of the Kharadron Overlords and was champing at the bit to paint some up. Unfortunately, I got wildly side-tracked by new 40K goodies and never got around to putting paint on the dorfs. Now Age of Sigmar is calling to me again, and I'd really like to take a crack at one of the sky-ships. Fortunately, its turned out that painting the basic infantry is a lot of fun as well. I've still got six more to do for a first unit, but I can see collecting a small army as a nice project to work on in the coming days.

The start of something new.
Not to be one to bite off only what I can chew, I've also decided to build an Arab army for Lion Rampant. My buddy Ron and I played again with a few modifications and it felt better. Enough so that we both wanted to paint some more for the time period. I wasn't too keen on adding more guys to my Norman army, and since Ron has a pretty generic middle period Medieval era army I thought they could serve as Crusaders in the Holy Land. All they need is some adversaries! And someone dippy enough to paint them!

A first unit of spearmen is taking shape. 

I've also got some more Napoleonic stuff I should be working on as well as some Necromunda commissions for a friend that should be pretty cool to paint. If I can keep to it, these projects are what will probably be featured most in the next few months. Wish me luck!

Cheers!





1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your proyects. You work so hard on your minis, I wish I could do the same with mine. Your blog is trtuly inspirational to me.
    Regards!!!

    ReplyDelete