Saturday, February 4, 2017

Hive Ganger Scum!

"Abdul Goldberg has crossed you for the last time - it was pure luck that your paths crossed on this isolated planet outside of Imperial control. He and his crew are relaxing down at Greasy Kim's Bar and Diner, unaware that you and your crew are ready to pounce. The Diner is mostly deserted, with only a few lonely vac-heads and spacers to witness the fight."  - Warhammer 40,000 Rogue Trader, pg 243-244.

"Look sharp, you space-rats!"
I really didn't get much hobby stuff done this week, mostly due to the fact that I was either exhausted or busy after work. I did manage to get a little paint on some Hive gangers/scum conversions I've been building. I really like the idea of exploring the grubbier side of 40k and the new Genestealer neophyte kits really evoke some of that civilian feel. I took some of the less "stealer-ey" bodies from an extra copy of Deathwatch Overkill and added some mercenary heads from Puppetswar.eu and viola! Some spacers and vac-heads!

Just a small selection of the custom heads Puppetswar makes.
This was the first ganger I made. Just a head swap and some ammo from the Ork sprue.
Eat yer heart out, Starlord!
Duke Nukem' rounds out the last of this scurvy crew.
I'll probably do a gang of 12 models or so - I want to pick up one of the Neophyte squad kits so I can have guys with shotguns, heavy stubbers, et all. This should give me a nice little skirmish force for a Necromunda-style game.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment