Sunday, April 10, 2016

Home Stretch!

I managed to get a good hobby burn on this week and made some significant headway on the Genestealer force in Deathwatch: Overkill. I powered through and completed the last 6 Hybrids, meaning I've finished all the grunt troops for the 'Stealers.

The Brood in all its glory

I then snuck in some time to bat out the two familiars and the Broodlord. These guys painted up faster than I anticipated, which was a nice surprise.

I'm studying the effects of negative reinforcement on ESP ability

All that I have left now is the two Magi (Magus-es?) and I can start painting members of the Deathwatch.

The last two!

I also dropped some cash and ordered a set of really nice resin bases from Secret Weapon Miniatures. I was super excited with how quickly the bases arrived and clean the castings were. I've gotten enough to base the entire set on a sort of ruined mining look and I really want to get them painted, but I'll probably stick with black bases for the moment just so I can actually try playing the game.

Super nice stuff and really time saving
I'm looking forward to painting the marines and getting the set done with. The models are phenomenal and I really feel like I got my money's worth, but I've got some Jacobite Highlanders and some Napoleonic French Lancers that I've been itching to work on. Also, this jabroni will finish out my Age of Sigmar Khornate army and I want to get some paint on him too:

Brrrrraaaaarrr!

But that'll all have to wait for two weeks while I take a much needed vacation and head to Paris and London with my lovely wife! We're really excited for the trip and I'm looking forward to seeing some amazing sites and experiencing amazing people.


Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment