Sunday, February 12, 2017

Mixed Bag 6 - Hivomunda Edition

This has been a weird week for me hobby-wise. I've been "cleaning up" little projects on my desk while creating more stuff in my backlog. Every step forward seems to put me two steps back. First up, I finished 3 more Hive Scum for some 40k-themed skirmish gaming I plan to do soon. That plan has side-tracked a lot of my other projects lately.

Hive gangers, criminal scum, maybe a deep space mining crew? 

To add some muscle to my gangers, I'm adding a dude in power armor. I'll end up arming him with a bolt pistol and a mining pick from the Neophyte sprue.

The torso and legs are an extra Iron Hands Deathwatch marine,
the pack is from a Dark Angels marine, and the head
is from Puppetswar.

I've also started building some quick terrain from a load of Necromunda plastic bulkheads I acquired and some scrap plasticard. I still need to build some gantries and walkways to connect everything and get some paint on it all.

Added to my collection of buildings made from electrical boxes and this should make a fine Underhive.
Some elevated firing platforms.

Next up, I built some plastic Chaos cultists for more skirmish fun. This is a really nice kit that uses the two piece models from the 40K starter Dark Vengeance. I like quick to build models and they were easy to carve up and convert a bit with head swaps. I really like the idea of a single Traitor Marine leading a rag-tag group of degenerates in battles beneath a hive.

Still a few more guys to build and add.

Finally, after nattering on 40k stuff all week, I got around to finishing the last two Stormcast Retributor models that I needed to make the squad game legal. These guys are intentionally painted up simple - I just wanted a second force to throw down when playing Age of Sigmar. I used to do this a lot - making fast armies that friends can borrow or that I can play to keep games fresh. I really should get them all together and take some photos. Eventually.

Stop! Hammer time.
Cheers!








No comments:

Post a Comment