Sunday, March 25, 2018

Sword Brethren and Command Units

"Fire and Faith are our tools to crush those who defy The Emporer's Will!"
Over the course of the week, I added five more Sword Brethren to bring the whole unit to ten models. I also found the time to add a Chaplain Consul who I'm hoping will make these cats a nightmare combat unit. I've got a Zone Mortalis game coming up in April and I expect big things from this unit. Which means they will probably fail abysmally - haha!

In a bid to keep as much as possible of this army plastic, I made the Chaplain
Consul out of a plastic MKIII Marine, the arms and weapons of the Chaplain from
Deathwatch Overkill, and a head from a Primaris Reiver. He's got a nice Immortan
Joe vibe, and I'm looking forward to muttering "Mediocre" whenever the unit fails.

I also made some time to build a new Praetor for my Legion. I used some resin chest and shoulder pieces and the rest was plastic. I also added two more Chosen to the Command Squad. So this unit will be rolling around the battlefield with six Power Fists. Pretty scary.

We put the "fist" in Imperial Fists.
This guy feels a little more imposing than my previous Praetor. 
I used a cloak from the Sisters of Silence sprue to give him a nice half-cloak.

I'm so close to finishing this army up, I can taste it. I've got a unit of Breachers, another Vindicator and an Apothecary to paint up and the army will total to 3k points.

Cheers!







No comments:

Post a Comment