Wednesday, March 27, 2019

The Halfmen of Westfalia!

"For the Shire!.. err... wait! For the Moot!... eh.. that's not right... For Snacks and Comfies! That's better."
Geez, it looks like four years ago I backed a small Kickstarter for some 28mm Halfling miniatures from Westfalia Miniatures. When I got my tiny pledge (literally - I only ordered a unit or two) I was a bit crestfallen because I hadn't realized they would be resin casts instead of metal. I put them on the back burner of my project list and when I discovered a friend had also backed the KS, I "gifted" mine to him in a clever ploy to get them the hell off my desk. But he realized that he'd never get around to them in his queue and the scallywag turned around and gave me mine back along with his! Dastardly.

Well, I guess I finally got a wild hair up my ass to paint them so I've put together a small army of them. I plan on using them for Dragon Rampant or as proxies in Warhammer Age of Sigmar. The sculpts were very obviously inspired by the old Warhammer Imperial Halflings of the Moot, so I like to imagine a little piece of the Old World spun off during the apocalypse and now the chubby little fellas are furiously defending themselves in a new nightmare reality.

The General, Philip "The Black" Wooltoes.
"Dost Thou Wish to Live Deliciously?!" is his battle-cry.
Cassandra Gentlebosom, seer and diviner, adds some
magical punch to the army.
The Knights of The Third Order of Breakfast  are the greatest of all time.
The Shirewardens patrol the edges of the Halfling lands, ready to battle intruders at a moment's notice!
The flashing blades of the swordmen of the Jack Rabbit Company are deadly to both foes and dinner parties.
The stalwart halberdiers of the Brotherhood of the Last Leg will fight until the end of any battle. Or until supper. Whichever comes first.
Robert the Hood and his Rapacious Rapscallions stand ready to waylay any un-guarded baggage trains they find. 
Professor of Gunology, Schmendrake Thistlebottom, guides the army's
artillery train.
A Heckblaster Volleygun is ready to send any marauding chaos worshippers straight
to the Hot Place!
In order to finish these guys as an Age of Sigmar Army, I've got to paint up an Endless Spell for them and they'll be around 1000 points. Everything in here is a proxy for Freeguild units ( Freeguild General, Battlemage, Gunmaster, 2 units of Guard, Archers, Helblaster Volleygun, Knights of Order, and Outriders), so it'll all port over easily. This has been a fun little army (EH?! GET IT?!?!?!) to knock out, and I'm pretty pleased with them. I'm sure they will get murdered in games, but that's kinda the point I guess. 

Cheers!









2 comments:

  1. That's a cute little army. ;) Looking forward to seeing these in some battle pics.

    ReplyDelete