Saturday, June 15, 2019

Shambling On...

In an attempt to keep updating my blog no matter how mundane the posts will be, here are some recent projects that I knocked off my hobby desk. Oddly, these are all duplicates of stuff I've previously done. These units just help flesh out their respective armies. 

Ten more Pox Walkers shamble their way into the front lines of my Death Guard army.
I completed another ten Pox Walkers for my Death Guard army over the course of a week, bringing the number in the force to a grand total of thirty. I painted these guys mostly with washes, snatching some time here and there to work on them in groups of two's and three's. Before I knew it, all ten were ready to roll. 

I really love these models - I'm sure I've said so before here. They are wildly characterful will loads of great details, but the sculpts practically paint themselves with simple techniques. These kinds of models are the best kind in regards to army painting. A real joy on every level.

"Prepare to fire a load of bullshit on my coordinates. Three! Two! One!"
I also finished up a second Rapier Quad Mortar for my Horus Heresy army. One of these weapons has been ridiculously good for me in games, so I decided to up the ante and get a second. I think that's enough, though. Two of these things raining Phosphex on my hapless opponents will result in a lot of salty feelings and low grumblings, I'm sure. Three would result in a full scale rebellion, I'm sure.

Still, very fun models to build and paint. Once again, I added MKIII helmets and shoulder pads to the MKIV armor that came with the kits so that they would integrate into my army a little better visually. 

I've still got some stuff to natter away on - but I feel like I'm getting ready to paint another army from scratch. I've been kicking around the idea of a speed-painted Thousands Sons force for the Horus Heresy, or finally starting an Early Imperial Roman army for something completely different. I guess we'll just have to see what inspires in the coming days!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment