Monday, March 28, 2016

Genestealer Infestation Growing

So this week is kind of a mixed bag - I didn't get to paint as much as I'd like over the week, but I did manage to make some headway on the Genestealers in the Deathwatch: Overkill set. At this point, I've got roughly half of the little buggers done. These models have been an absolute delight to assemble and paint - the engineering is top notch and these sculpts just ooze character. It almost makes me want to start a Genestealer Cult army for Warhammer 40,000 and I haven't stuck my head into that meat grinder in a decade. I'm sure I'll wise up.


They're gonna pinch ya! Just give ya a pinch!

The stuff of nightmares!
Rocky? Road? I love these guys. They remind me of Sloth from the Goonies!
These guys are just such awesome sculpts. They practically paint themselves.
Who designs mining lasers for use with 3 hands and doesn't expect monsters to use them?
These guys remind me of riot control.

Currently, I've just got the finished models tacked onto the appropriate sized bases with a little glue. I am thinking about dropping the cash on some really nice industrial modeled resin bases from a company like Dragon Forge or Secret Weapon, but we'll see. My first real priority is to get them to a place where I can game comfortably with them in Deathwatch: Overkill. Suffer not the alien to be unpainted.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment