Friday, March 11, 2016

Introductions

Howdy and welcome to my first steps into the blogging world! I've been meaning to do this for a long, long time; but I let life and my own laziness get in the way. My buddy Rob Hawkins over at the Rob Hawkins Hobby Blog finally poked and prodded me into starting one up. The two of us are going to engage in a bit of a showdown to see who can get their boxed game fully painted first. Rob will be painting up his 4 year old copy of Dreadfleet and I will be badgering away at my copy of GW's latest offering; Deathwatch Overkill.

So, for those who don't know me - I'll tell you a little about myself and what you can expect on this blog. I've been a miniatures war gamer since I was around 10 years old and I've spent a lifetime drawing all things nerdy. I've been lucky enough to work professionally in the gaming industry as a retail store manager and as concept for several companies - most notably Privateer Press. Nowadays I make my living as a concept artist in the mobile gaming arena and I'm hoping to launch a new title very soon!

On the blog you can expect me to post about - 

Age of Sigmar - GW's much maligned replacement to Warhammer Fantasy Battle. Its a cracking game and I hope more people give it a chance.


Napoleonic Wargaming - I got bit by the bug a little over 4 years ago and never looked back. Big battles with big battalions and wonderful color schemes - what's not to like?! 

  

Warmachine/Hordes - while I rarely play anymore, I've painted a TON of stuff for the game and it still holds a special place in my heart.

.


Terrain Making - nothing hurts my soul more than seeing well-painted armies on terrible tables. So expect lots of little projects and rants.


Concept Art - even though I spend all day drawing and many evenings painting little men, I still find time to draw for myself. So I'll toss up anything that seems to be interesting at the time.


AND MORE! I play a lot of games - from 15mm scifi to SAGA to Muskets and Tomahawks. So you never really know what you'll find. 




Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the blog! I've got to get mine going again. It takes time, but it's a lot of fun, and so is the gaming blogger community.

    Curious where you get your buildings for Napoleonics? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! The buildings are a mix of Conflix (sadly no longer available), Kobblestone and Ziterdes.

      Delete
  2. Splendid pictures, love the first one...and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your blog, looks like you have some cracking collections, look forward to seeing them in action.
    Regards Ken
    http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the welcome, gents! Looking forward to adding more content soon!

    ReplyDelete