Sunday, April 8, 2018

A Little Progress

Not too much to share this week. I've lost a little momentum on projects and I'm trying to build it back up. I'm so close to having 3,000 points of Imperial Fists finished, but the last few models are feeling like a slog. First up is a unit of Breachers, which I've managed to get five to point where I can base them.

So close to being done. I can't wait to get these guys off my painting desk.
I was super jazzed when I ordered these from a seller on Ebay, but they ended up being re-casts. And shitty ones at that. The quality has really taken the wind out of my sails, but I've only got to finish five more and I'm done. I hate the idea of buying re-casts, and for the price I paid I could have just ordered from Forge World. I know we all don't think this hurts a big company like Games Workshop, but it really is a slap in the face to hard working sculptors, mould makers and artists that bring these things to life. I'm chalking this up to live-and-learn but I'm gonna paint the unit anyway.

Like a mellon-head, I primed the whole unit black. I probably should
have primed it the same way I did the previous unit.
I also managed to get the test model done for my second unit of Arkanauts for my Kharadron Overlords. I'm reversing the color scheme from the first unit, but still maintaining the black and white theme. I'm pretty happy with how this cat turned out and I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the unit done.

The left hand guy is from unit one, and the second is going to be the new scheme.

Welp, I've got more Breachers in my future and some sky dorfs as well. Next weekend I'm supposed to play my first Horus Heresy game, and I'm super excited. I'll try to take lots of photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment