Thursday, October 22, 2020

Furore Legio

 Hey all! It's been a while, huh? I'm gonna try and update this blog more. I let it lapse in general and the Covid-Time hasn't helped that at all. The upside of going nowhere and seeing few people are that I've been steadily chewing through my backlog of miniatures and projects. First up, I thought I'd share some better pics of my Roman army. 

I've always wanted a Roman force in miniature, and I've tried a couple of times in my life and always been side-tracked by other projects. But this time, due in no small part to the excellent plastic kits by Victrix, I persevered. I built the army to work with my own rank and flank game, Shieldwall, but I think it can easily be adapted to other games like Impetus, Hail Caesar, or Warhammer Ancients. 

The Legion in all its fury...err... Glory!

The army General marker. 

A unit of Praetorian Guard - Heavy Infantry

Three units of Legionaries - Heavy Infantry

Two units of Equites - used as either Light or Shock Cavalry

Two units of Peltast Skirmishers. It was fun to use water effects on these bases and try to great a bit of a diorama feel to them.

Two missile units - one is a Long Range and the other Powerful. The scorpions are Warlord plastics and the archers are by Wargames Foundry. 

Shieldwall tracks hits on units, and this gives me the chance to paint some
of my favorite models that I never get to use - casualties!

I plan on starting a Gallic army for these cats to battle against - that'll be one of this year's upcoming projects. I figure by the time that I finish them, I might be able to play a game in person again! Hope you are all doing well and hanging on through this time. Here's hoping I keep up with this blog more. 


Cheers!
















No comments:

Post a Comment