Sunday, August 27, 2017

Imperial Fists: Part 5: Old Fistos

"Stupid babies need the MOST help!" said the Primaris Ancient...
A while back I picked up the Horus Heresy game "Burning of Prospero" and still hadn't assembled any of the stuff inside. I ended up deciding to paint the marines it comes with as Heresy Era Imperial Fists, figuring by the time I assembled and painted them all that 30K will be ported into the 8th ed rules. In the meantime, I'll fold them into my regular 40k army as marines wearing honor armor or some nonsense. So now my army has some Tiny Marines™.

These models come in waaaaaay too many parts for such limited posing. 
While I really like the MKIII marine armor, its like GW looked at Privateer Press' models and said "Hold my beer." and then set out to make a smaller model with even more rivets. That said, the technical constraints that two part moulds put on little details like rivets are handled really well here.

Another quick tip that I used to speed up the painting process here was that after the model is primed and then sprayed yellow, a liberal wash of GW's Druchii Violet created the perfect shading and base to work my colors up from. I can't believe I didn't do this the first time since Violet is on the opposite side of the Color Wheel from Yellow - my art college professors would probably slap me. 

Just a quick wash over a sprayed base coat and you're ready to go!

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. They look great! I was pondering just last night how to shade the yellow armour of a Bad Moons army that I'm in the process of building - thanks for the tip on Druichi violet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that'd be a great way to shade Bad Moons too!

    ReplyDelete