Sunday, September 17, 2017

More Heresy and some Diehard Miniatures art!

Work continues apace on my Heresy Era Imperial Fists. I managed to finish up another squad of Tactical Marines and the entire unit of Adeptus Custodes. But I have more to share this week than just more and more yellow Marines! Some concept art that I've been doing for Diehard Miniatures.

The growing Defenders of Terra.
Diehard Miniatures is the brainchild of sculptor Tim Prow, who I had the good fortune to catch up with while I was in England for Salute. Over way too much rum for how jet-lagged I was, Tim offered me the chance to do some concept art for an upcoming expansion of his line. Its been a really fun project and I'm looking forward to seeing Tim make these drawings real.
"IT BURNS!!!!" Flaming skellies are always fun.


He's coming to get ya! Definitely trying to get an Old Skool vibe out these designs.


I love drawing me some robits, and Tim wanted a 2000AD feel out of these guys.


This guy is supposed to be a repurposed civilian droid that now has a taste for war.


I like the idea of this one being an out-dated medical droid that's REALLY bad at his job.

This is only a taste of the work I've done. We've got lots more on the way. The Kickstarter these will be included in should jump off soonish. I'll certainly share the info when its available.

Up next for my Imperial Fists are a Devastator Squad and Tartaros Terminator unit. They should go pretty quick. Then it'll be vehicle time as I'm all infantry'ed out at this point.

I really like these models. They painted up really quickly and look fantastic for only a little effort.

I think he really likes the Emperor of Mankind.
Maybe.
10 more Rivets… I mean MARINES!…done. Whew.

Cheers!





3 comments:

  1. You're a very talented artist - I love the robots, they definitely have a 2000ad vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sketches transported me straight back to the 1980's!

    Great stuff (and that includes your painted miniatures).

    ReplyDelete