Sunday, September 24, 2017

Devastators and Praetorian Done

I kicked out my Devastators and Praetorian for my Heresy Era Imperial Fists this week. Except for a Command squad, I'm almost done working on MKIII armored Marines! Wooo Hooo!! You have no idea how excited I am to paint something else.

I feel like I'm in the home stretch!

The Burning of Prospero set comes with 3 Heavy Bolters and I quickly scoured Ebay for two more lose plastic MKIII Heavy Bolters and they arrived really quick. I'm pretty pumped about playing a game with five of these bad boys in a squad. If I use them in regular 40K, the plan is to replace the Sergeant with a member of my in-progress Command Squad since I can only field 4 in the 41st millennium (Boooo. Hisssss.)

The design of the MKIII Heavy Bolter took a bit of time to grow on me, but now I dig it.

For my Praetorian (Marine commander in 30K) I just kit-bashed a guy from the plastic set. Not super sexy, but he'll get the job done.

All ready to smash Traitor Legion filth!
I'm pretty chuffed with how his face turned out.

This guy has ALL the laurels. ALL. OF. THEM.

So my next step is to get on my Tartaros pattern Terminators - which are all built, primed and ready roll - and then I get to do some neat stuff like tanks and dreadnoughts. I'm super excited to tackle those. 

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Love the under-slung heavy bolters! The force is progressing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great despite your yellow fatigue!

    Having been painting nearly 5000 points of 8th Edition WHF ogres I am desperate to paint ANYTHING else!

    ReplyDelete