Sunday, October 8, 2017

Imperial Fists Finish Line In Sight!

Tartaros Terminators ready to rumble.

I've managed to get a lot done on my Heresy Era Imperial Fists in the last two weeks. A unit of Terminators, a Vindicator siege tank, and a Legion Command Squad to go with my Praetorian. Whew! This means that all I really have left is my Contemptor Dreadnought to do and I think I'm ready to call this project done for a little while. What to do next is the big question - more Napoleonic troops or possibly starting a long desired Imperial Roman army top the list. We'll have to see.

My Legion Command Squad. I made the standard bearer by using
a loose Primaris Ancient standard. 

The Vindicator was quite a project. I learned a lot and would tackle it completely differently if I do another. I made some big mistakes shading the vehicle, but I think the layers of grime, chipping and rust that I added disguised it all pretty well.

Boom. Boom. A Zoom Zoom.
I really dig adding hazard stripes if for no other reason than antagonizing Iron Warrior players.
I'm really happy with the weathering on the dozer blade in particular.
I moved the crane and shell more forward on the vehicle. It just didn't feel right on the back. I know the Vindicator
is loosely based on a WW2 German Sturmtiger, and those had the loading crane over the cannon. Unfortunately,
I just couldn't get it look right on this model.

With any luck, I'll be able to finish up the dreadnought next week and then put up some shots of the whole army.

Cheers!









3 comments:

  1. They look great.

    Whatever your next project is I bet it's not yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought the loading crane was for loading the shells into the tank, not for loading them into the gun itself. There's no loading breech on the outside, so I assume the crew loads and ejects shells inside the tank. In that case, it makes sense for it to be on the back. But even then-- Why do they need a crane at all? Do they use it to lift shells out of the crate and into the storage rack? Is that more efficient than rolling a cart of shells up the ramp and into a slot inside?

    ReplyDelete