Sunday, November 26, 2017

Another Fallen Brother Joins the Battle

My Imperial Fists Horus Heresy army can now field a "Talon" of 3 Contemptor pattern dreadnoughts. I like to think of this as the one totally "bullshit" unit in the army. It feels right to have one of these total nonsense units in a Heresy Era force to me.

Three little piggies...
I used the plastic Contemptor kit for this guy. I embellished him with
some more crusader-ry elements than his brothers.
The Lascannon arm is Forgeworld - an easy enough conversion - and
the extra bibs and bobs are all off the Terminator sprue. 
The shield on the right arm is an extra plastic one I had laying around.
Its all about that 'bot.

With The Three Stooges done, I'm ready to back burner my HH Imperial Fists for a little bit. My plan  is to add a unit of Breachers to the army cuz they are cool as shit - but I will wait until January when I can use a free shipping coupon I lucked into from Forgeworld. So I get a little break from painting yellow.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Chris just found this blog. Very nice Imperial Fists! I was actually looking back through some back issues of White dwarf tonight, and saw a couple articles with your old warhammer chaos army....WOW! I was wondering if you had any pics of it you could share, would love to see it. Thanks airbornegrove26

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, 90% of that army is in storage on the East Coast. I’ve got a few of the models here on the a West Coast. Maybe I’ll snap a few pics sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be awesome. Sounds like The host of Kron the Destroyer as been sealed by dastardly magic users. Hopefully they can free themselves someday and get on a path of slaughter again. 😉 Thanks for the reply.

    ReplyDelete