Sunday, November 5, 2017

Aquila Strongpoint Action Playset Complete

Over the course of this week I assembled and painted up the Aquila Strongpoint terrain piece by Games Workshop. This thing is a monster, easily taking up a foot of table space and bristling with guns and all the skulls you can eat. Its a nice centerpiece set and I'm looking forward to playing some games centered around knocking it out.

I love the missile silo look. It screams "Stop the Launch!" scenario to me.
The Macro Cannon that comes with it sockets over the missile bay and is easily interchangeable. 
I kept things pretty simple, since there is so much detail on this thing that you could go nuts if you wanted to, but I
couldn't resist adding little stuff like the hazard striping on the doors.
Reverse of the cannon and bunker. This thing wasn't too bad to paint up. I used a lot of sprays to basecoat it and washes and dry brushing to give it depth.

This blog seems to have gone from a general wargaming blog to a GW blog and now an Imperial Fists blog. I've got to get some other projects in the queue just so I don't get burnt out. But, in the meantime, here's some more Imperial Fists.

The whole army so far, ready to stalwartly defend the Imperium from Traitors and heretics.
"Fortifications are for pussies!" cried the guys on 40mm bases.
The Emperor's Finest laugh at your need for safety!

Terminators wear their bunkers, I guess.

"We'll enjoy our walls and fire support, thank you very much!"
"We only get defensive trench works, because we are just tactical Marines."
And the Vindicator holds the end of the line because nobody thought to build a revetment for it. 

My buddy Marky also got a bunch more 40k terrain and I said I'd paint it up for him. So there is some of this stuff in my painting future, I guess. I really need to do some Napoleonics or something in the meantime, though.

Cheers!







1 comment:

  1. Ooh, really nice. Making me want to dig out some of my fortifications and get them painted up!

    ReplyDelete