Saturday, February 17, 2018

Sword Brethren Have Arrived

The first five of my Sword Brethren for my 30K Imperial Fists are completed. I need to add five more of these cats to make a 10-man unit, but when I do they should be a pretty powerful presence on the battlefield. All of them are armed with power swords and carry shields which confer a 5+ invulnerable save in melee. Pretty diesel.

"We are the Faithful. Guardians of the Temple. Champions of the Emperor Himself! To War!!"

These guys were made using the standard MKIII plastic Marine kits, with the shields and swords added  as resin bits from Kromlech. They needed a little chopping and drilling to work, but it wasn't too much effort. The black color scheme was a really nice break from the ordinary all yellow scheme.

I'm pretty chuffed with the face on this guy.
This shot gives you pretty good look at the shield.
And who doesn't like a good vexilla shot?

The plan is to add 5 more for a 10 man squad, but that will have to wait. This week, I'm going to add 5 more heavy bolter Marines to my Support Squad to round them out to 10. That'll give me time to order the next round of swords and shields.

Cheers!






1 comment: