Monday, November 5, 2018

The Legio Gryphonicus Walks

The Warhound Titan Lupus Rex leads the way into battle!
This past week I finally put the final touches on the Warhounds and Knights of my Legio Gryphonicus force for Adeptus Titanicus. This means that I've completely painted the Grand Master Edition of Adeptus Titanicus and that I only have a pair of Warhounds for the Legio Mortis left to paint! The excitement is palpable.

A complete Axiom Maniple of the Legio Gryphonicus walks! Let the enemies of the Omnisiah tremble with fear!

First on deck were the new Warhound Titan kits. These are absolutely fabulous kits - just the right level of detail and complexity. A total dream to build and paint - my favorite kind of model!

Warhound Canis Dente ready to hunt. As with the other kits, every
weapon option is fully magnetized.
These models have a great sense of motion while still maintaining
a feeling of weight appropriate to a multi-story engine of war.
Warhound Lupus Rex armed with a Plasma Blastgun and an Inferno Cannon. 
The glow of plasma coils is always fun to paint!
I really dig the sculpted on scroll-work. 
Once the pair of Warhounds was done, all that was left was the Knight Banner. Ever since painting a trio for the Legio Mortis force, I've been absolutely dreading assembling and painting these models. I committed to get it done with a quick, neutral paint scheme that would put them on the table fast and not clash with the War Griffons. I settled on a grey and white scheme and just got them D-O-N-E. It was a relief to have them finished.

A Banner of House Kurg Knights ready for battle!

I also made some time to expand my scenery collection by downloading some paper craft buildings for the game Dropzone Commander that are available here for free. I scaled them down by about 20% and printed each on cardstock. I like the addition of these buildings because their high will let me use the cover rules more and means that every game won't devolve into two forces just pummeling each other at range. 

Each building prints out as a 8.5 x 11 sheet.
I think they fit reasonably well with the plastic terrain and I really couldn't beat the price (basically just the cost of a pack of cardstock!)
The great height of the buildings means even a Warlord might claim some cover.
I think the next step is to make some highways with black construction paper. That should really tie the whole room together, man.
Next steps are to complete my Legio Mortis force and then play some more games of Adeptus Titanicus. 

Cheers!














No comments:

Post a Comment