Monday, September 9, 2019

"Alea Jacta Est."

The die is cast. 

I have always wanted a model army of Early Imperial Romans. I've tried twice before to build a Roman army - once with Italleri plastics in 1/72 scale and once with Old Glory metals in 28mm. Both times I enjoyed painting them, but got side-tracked with other projects. A few months ago, I picked up a pair of sets of excellent Legionaries by Victrix and they've been sitting in my "To-Do" pile. This week I managed to assemble some and start painting them. 

These models are from Victrix's Legionaries Attacking set. 
Starting with a red priming coat, these guys paint up super quick! I also made some custom shield decals in Photoshop and printed them out on waterslide transfer paper. It takes some extra cutting to make holes for the shield bosses, but I think its really worth the end effect. 

I've got two sets of 25 guys each, so I should be chewing through them for a little bit. But right now, I'm 1/10 of the way through them and already planning for my next purchases. I'm unsure what basing scheme or rules set I'll be using, but I'm definitely leaning towards something Mass Battle-y. 

I also managed to get the last of the weapon options for my Warlord Titans painted up this week. Now everything I own for Adeptus Titanicus is completely painted. Huzzah!

A Sun Fury Plasma Annihilator and Arioch Power Fist for my Legio Mortis Engines.
The Mori Quake Cannon for my Legio Gryphonicus. 

I've also been doing some paper craft hobbying - terrain for Adeptus Titanicus and two whole armies for the Thirty Years War. I'll share more on those projects as I can!


1 comment: