Friday, September 27, 2019

The Legion Grows!

For the Glory of Rome!

The last few weeks have seen me nattering away on my new Roman project. I've managed to complete thirty of these sculpts from Victrix Lmtd and its all starting to look like a little force now. I'm building the army with the intent to use them with a heavily modified version of Neil Thomas' One Hour Wargames rules (I'll post the mods up sometime soon) or Basic Impetus. Right now I can use these as three separate units in those games, or I could form them into a large single unit for something like Hail Caesar.

Unit one has a Centurion and associated command units. 
Unit two is all infantry, with the front rank advancing.
Unit three is more troops advancing under watchful eye of an Optio in the back rank.

I'm super happy with how these guys are shaping up. I'm not really going for historical accuracy - more of trying to create the Roman army that I've always wanted in my head. The next unit will be a ten man unit of Praetorians, mostly because they are fun models and will look really cool in a unit. I've also got some archers winging their way across the Atlantic from Wargames Foundry, so I'm looking forward to adding some missile weapons to the force. 

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment