Sunday, May 6, 2018

Blimp Dorfs are GO!

Another unit of Kharadron Overlords have joined the throng! This time, its a unit of Sky Wardens. These brave Dwarves ply the skyways in their lighter-than-air rigs, bringing destruction to the enemies of their Captains. Or something like that.

These guys come in a bazillion parts and were not my favorite to put together, BUT they painted up a like a dream! I'd do another unit in a heart-beat.
I tried to keep the color palette on these cats simple.
I was tempted to bring another color into the power-sources on the
balloons, but I think the teal ties it all together more.
I really dig all the diesel-punk flanges and styling on these models.
While there are a bunch of options for unit, I opted to
keep things simple with Skyhooks and a Gatling Gun.
I also really dig the pinkish-purple touches on these guys. It
shows they are totally secure in their manliness and contrasts
nicely with all the gold.
Brrrrrap! Once again I replaced the flying stands with rod - not
only does this make the model more durable, but I also have more
variation in heights throughout the squad.
Dig that big glowy ball of weirdness on his ass...

Next up I have a unit of Aethershot Rifle-armed Thunders to knock out. Then a big floating boat is in my future. The army is coming together nicely and I should have a reasonably sized force to play some games with in no time!

Cheers!














No comments:

Post a Comment